The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is a fast-moving, non-profit organization focused on improving health outcomes, experience, and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the United States. Since 1989, PBGH has distinguished itself as a national coalition driven by some of the most influential purchasers of health care in the country, including Boeing, Intel, and Disney. PBGH’s 69 members collectively spend $40 billion a year providing health care coverage to more than 10 million employees, retirees, and dependents. Our strategic priorities include paying for value, redesign care, influencing policy and accelerating transparency.
We care about the work we do and the difference that we make. This is your chance to make a difference too.
We are seeking a Project Manager to provide project management support to two critical PBGH initiatives to PBGH: 1) Building Care Solutions, a grant-funded initiative to improve care for medically Complex patients across the state of California; and 2) Transforming Maternity Care, a national initiative to improve maternity care outcomes and cost. The Project Manager will work closely with the program leads for each program and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring each program’s project plan. Specific responsibilities are listed below. This is a grant funded position through mid-2018 with the possibility of extension.
The position reports to the Director, Medically Complex Patients Program, with a dotted line to the Senior Manager, Maternity.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Building Care Solutions (50%)
Transform Maternity Care (50%)
Project Management and Operational Oversight
Fundraising and Grant Management for TMC
General Communications and Design
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Prior Experience
• 4-year degree, preferably in a health-related field, public policy, or business administration; a Masters degree in one of these fields is desirable but not required
• Demonstrated interest in health care, health care policy, and quality improvement
• Facility managing competing priorities
• Excellent verbal and listening skills; strong oral and written presentation ability
• Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with colleagues and stakeholders
• Willingness to travel for work within California
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiar with web-authoring and website management tools; willing and able to learn new software applications as needed
• Team-oriented self-starter able to work independently and proactively
At least four years of previous office work experience preferred. A strong candidate will have experience with project management, knowledge of issues and concerns in the California health care market organization and structure, and familiarity with basic U.S. health care policy structure and issues.
Base salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience and qualifications. PBGH offers a competitive salary, including year-end bonus potential, a contributory retirement plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.