The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is a fast-moving, non-profit organization focused on improving health outcomes, experience and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the United States. Since 1989, PBGH has distinguished itself as a national coalition driven by some of the most influential purchasers of health care in the country, including Boeing, Intel, and Disney. PBGH’s 65 members collectively spend $40 billion a year providing health care coverage to more than 10 million employees, retirees, and dependents. Our strategic priorities include paying for value, redesigning care, influencing policy, and accelerating transparency.
We are seeking a part time Project Manager to join our team of energetic, innovative professionals who are committed to excellence and impact. We care about the work we do and the difference that we make. This is your chance to make a difference too.
• 4-year degree, preferably in a health-related field, public policy, or business administration
• Demonstrated interest in health care, health care policy, and quality improvement
• Facility managing competing priorities
• Excellent verbal and listening skills; strong oral and written presentation ability
• Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with colleagues and stakeholders
• Willingness to travel within California
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiar with web-authoring and website management tools; willing and able to learn new software applications as needed
• Team-oriented self-starter able to work independently and proactively
At least two years of previous office work experience preferred. A strong candidate will have experience with project management, knowledge of issues and concerns in the California health care market organization and structure, and familiarity with basic U.S. health care policy structure and issues.
Base salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience and qualifications. PBGH offers a competitive salary, including year-end bonus potential, a contributory retirement plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.pbgh.org.