The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is a non-profit with a goal of improving health outcomes, experience, and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the U.S.
Our strategic priorities are redesigning care delivery, advancing policy, increasing transparency, and paying for value. Since 1989, PBGH has distinguished itself as a national coalition driven by some of the most influential purchasers of healthcare in the U.S., including Disney, Cisco, Walmart, Lowe’s, Intel, and Boeing. Our 60 members collectively spend $40 billion a year providing healthcare coverage to more than 10 million employees, retirees, and dependents. Through purchaser innovation, collaboration, and action, we seek to create a higher value healthcare system.
PBGH is recruiting an Accounting Associate, a full-time position based at its downtown San Francisco offices. We are an energetic, fast-moving group of innovative and collaborative colleagues who are committed to impact. This is your chance to make a difference too.
The Accounting Associate is responsible for the full-cycle of accounts payable including processing expense reports, supporting the month-end accounting close, and assisting with general ledger account reconciliations.
This position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Full cycle Accounts Payable including: review and process invoices; partner with cross-functional departments to process and support vendor payments, ensuring transactions are accurately recorded.
- Review and process expense reports.
- Produce Accounts Payable invoices due report.
- Determine available check signers to apply the correct signature in the check run.
- Processes check run and distribute all A/P checks.
- Prepares bank deposit slips, run tapes on check and cash, and copy deposit slips and checks. Provide the original and copy to the Staff Accountant for deposit processing.
- Maintain A/P and other liabilities system records. Takes necessary steps to ensure accuracy of information and that all records remain current.
- Prepare the year-end 1099 by understanding the filing requirements when processing payments and maintaining W-9s throughout the year
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Participates in Finance Team process improvement efforts, including implementation of systems to improve and automate Finance processes.
- Runs and analyzes general accounting reports for Finance and other colleagues.
- One or more years of experience in administration of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger required.
- Associate degree required, and Bachelor degree in Accounting is a plus.
- Demonstrates skill in bookkeeping and accounting activities, including strong analytical and math skills.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates sound technical skills, numerical accuracy and speed, analytic ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Familiarity with Sage-Abila Accounting Software a plus.
- General Ledger accounts reconciliation experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Payroll processing a plus.
Base salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience and qualifications. PBGH offers a competitive salary, including year-end bonus potential, a contributory retirement plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.